Saturday, November 25, 2017

Going Vegan A Endo Warrior Experience


For a few weeks now I have been on a vegan diet. Not because I care about the planet, love animals, want the world to be more pure. Although those are all great reason to be a vegan. I know some people will think that is why people go vegan in the first place. But what if they were vegan for health reasons? I noticed that dairy products and red meat caused flare ups for my endometriosis. I decided on my own to go vegan. I bought a few cook books. And to my surprise became a really great cook. I even got my husband, a meat lover!, to try and enjoy some of my vegan dishes. I realized that not only did I shed a few pounds, which all women love, am I right? But I also started to feel less bloated, had less pain episodes, and even had a pain free period. You read that right PAIN FREE! Now I am not one to say this is a cure for Endometriosis. I have established that...many times... in prior post... THERE IS NO CURE. But this is something that has helped me feel more comfortable, helped me enjoy life a bit more, reduced my pain medication intake, helped me become a great cook, and even get out of the house to discover new vegan restaurants I hadn't a clue even existed! Now everyone is different. I don't think that a vegan diet will help everyone. But if you were like me, desperate in pain, it might be worth it to give it a try. I mean what does a Endo Warrior have to lose right? At the very least you get some healthy food in your system!

Now when I say vegan I mean I went plant based!!!! Even my pasta sauce was made from nuts. There are many different ways to create so many dishes, even sweets! When I went out to dinner sometimes it was hard to find vegan options. But nearly every restaurant has something for a vegan. I remember ordering tomato soup once at a steak place. :)

And to my disbelief. I saved money! Many people think that eating healthy is expensive. It really isn't. I spent $60 to feed me for a entire month. Don't get me wrong figuring out how to, was not easy. I studied and figured out how to meal prep. "WOW, doesn't that take up a lot of time?" Absolutely not! I spent only a hour a week prepping.

Some of my favorite dishes are in the images above. Plantain and sweet potato tacos with guacamole, Black bean and sweet potato homemade chili over jasmine rice, Creamy vegan garlic pasta with roasted tomatoes, and of course vegan cookies! So delicious!


If you have any questions about my how-to's or about my diet, please leave comments below. I will be sure to message back.

I know warriors it seems like pain isn't only temporary for us, stay strong!  We are in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment